Low-pH Tolerate Heat-stable Alpha-Amylase HA-450
EC Number : 184.108.40.206
Strains: Bacillus licheniformis
Declared Enzyme: Alpha-Amylase
Systematic Name: 1,4-α-D-glucan glucanohydrolase
Activity: 200,000 U/ml (minimum)
Appearance: Sepia brown liquid
Specific Gravity: ≤1.25 g/ml
Product pH: 5.0 ~ 7.0
Certificate: Halal & Kosher
Grae: Technical Grade
EFFECT OF pH
- HA-450 is active over a wide pH range, depending on the application.
- The effective pH range is 5.2～6.5.
- For maximum activity, the optimal pH for HA-450 is 5.4 to 6.0. T
- he exact pH optimum depends on actual processing conditions, including temperature, substrate concentration and time.
EFFECT OF TEMPERATURE
- For interval liquefaction, the temperature range of HA-450 is 80 to 100°C, the optimum temperature range is 83 to 86°C. It liquefies starch substrates promptly at 90 to 95ºC and maintains highly active at 100ºC.
- For consecutive liquefaction, HA-450 demonstrates exceptional thermo-stability at a temperature range of 103 to 107ºC, maintains its stability for 5 to 7 minutes and keeps on liquefying efficiently.
CONCENTRATION OF CALCIUM
- The presence of calcium increases the thermal stability of HA-450. This enzyme requires a very low calcium concentration and calcium additions of 20 to 50 ppm (dry solids basis) are sufficient to ensure enzyme stability.
- Copper, titanium, and cobalt ions are moderate inhibitors for HA-450. Aluminum, lead and zinc ions act as strong inhibitors.
- In general, first adjust the pH to 5.4 to 6.0, then add HA-450. Calcium is not needed. After this enzyme is added, heat the slurry to liquefy at a temperature range of 83 to 86ºC for 90 to 150 minutes. The final DE value should be maintained at 10 to 12.
- Dosage of HA-450 is dependent on the starch substrate, application, process, substrate concentration and other factors.
- To optimize the dosage, it is recommended to conduct a number of liquefaction trials prior to routine use of this product.
- A good starting point for dosage rate is 0.1 to 0.2kg/TDS.
PACKAGING,STORAGE & SHELF-LIFE
- HA-450 is packaged in 25kg or 30kg non-hazardous plastic drums, or 1125kg IBC totes. Customized packaging is available upon request.
- This enzyme has been formulated for optimal stability. Typical shelf-life is six months provided being stored below 25°C in its original packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from the sunlight.
- Its shelf-life will be eighteen months if it is stored properly at 0～10°C.
- Prolonged storage and/or adverse conditions such as higher temperatures may lead to a higher dosage requirement.
SAFETY & ENZYME HANDLING
- Inhalation of enzyme dust and mists should be avoided.
- In case of contact with the skin or eyes, promptly rinse with water for at least 15 minutes.
- For detailed handling information, please refer to the appropriate Material Safety Data Sheet.