Bacterial Alpha-Amylase BAA-0100
An ideal Non-GMO alpha-amylase for baking,
Enables faster fermentation, desirable texture, loaf volume and skin color.
||EC 220.127.116.11, α-1,4- glucan 4-glucanohydrolase
||Light yellow powder
- Bacterial Alpha-Amylase BAA-0100 is produced from Non-GMO strains of Bacillus subtilis through submerged fermentation, extraction and refining processes. It is endoamylase which can rapidly decrease the viscosity of the gelatinous starch solution by randomly hydrolyzing starch, glycogen and its degradation products within the α-1, 4 glycosidic bonds and produces soluble dextrins and oligosaccharides. Excessive hydrolysis may result in a small quantity of glucose and maltose.
EFFECT OF PH & TEMPERATURE
- Stable pH range for BAA-0100 is 6.0 to 7.0, optimum pH range is 6.0 to 6.5. BAA-0100 will be inactivated dramatically at pH below 5.0.
- BAA-0100 is stable at temperatures below 60°C, optimum temperature ranges from 60 to 90°C.
EFFECT OF CALCIUM
- The presence of calcium ion plays a protective role for the stability of enzyme activity. The enzyme activity may disappear completely if without calcium ion. The pH range of BAA-0100 can be broadened by adding calcium ions. A calcium concentration of 150 ppm (dry solids basis) is sufficient to ensure the enzyme stability.
- Copper, titanium and cobalt ions are moderate inhibitors on this product. Aluminum, lead and zinc ions are strong inhibitors.
- Bacterial Alpha-amylases has the function of preservative and anti-aging. Use of this enzyme in baking can enhance the elasticity and texture of bread. However, the high thermal stability of this enzyme enables it remain active during the baking process, which may produce more convertible starches. Starches can be more easily hydrolyzed after gelatinization in baking, hence may result in undesirable stickiness of bread. Therefore, the accurate dosage rate of BAA-0100 should be decided depending on the actual baking conditions, type of baking and bread.
- BAA-0100 is packaged in 25kg cardboard drums or kraft paper bags. Customized packaging is available upon request.
- BAA-0100 has been formulated for optimal stability. Typical shelf-life is six months provided being stored below 25°C (77°F) in its original packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from the sunlight. Its shelf-life is eighteen months if it is stored properly at 0～10°C(32～50°F).
- Prolonged storage and/or adverse conditions such as higher temperatures may lead to higher dosage requirement, thus should be avoided.
SAFETY & ENZYME HANDLING
- Inhalation of enzyme dust and mists should be avoided.
- In case of contact with skin or eyes, promptly rinse with water for at least 15 minutes.For detailed handling information, please refer to the Safety Data Sheet.