Technical Grade Bacterial Alpha-Amylase TB-3
Halal & Kosher Certified Desizing Amylase for Cotton, Silk, Synthetic Fabrics
- Bacterial Alpha-Amylase TB-3 is produced from strains of Bacillus subtilis through submerged fermentation, extraction and refining process.
- It can rapidly decreases the viscosity of the gelatinous starch solution by randomly hydrolyzing starch, glycogen and its degradation products within the alpha-1, 4 glycosidic bonds and produces soluble dextrins and oligosaccharides.
- Alpha-Amylase TB-3 is suitable for desizing of textiles sized by starchy materials, particularly fits to those textiles that are not heat resistance, such as cotton, silk, synthetic fabrics. The powerful amylase activity of TB-3 is capable to break down the starches contained in the textiles into soluble polysaccharides, thus makes it washed out easily.
||EC 188.8.131.52, 1,4-alpha-D-glucan glucanohydrolase
||≥ 3,000 U/ml
||Light to dark brown liquid
||5.0 ~ 7.0
≤ 1.25 g/ml
EFFECT OF PH
- TB-3 is active at pH ranges from 6.0 to 7.0
- Its optimum pH is 6.0.
- It can be inactivated dramatically at pH below 5.0.
EFFECT OF TEMPERATURE
- TB-3 is active at temperatures from 30 to 90°C, with an optimum temperature range from 60 to 90°C.
- At temperatures from 70 to 90°C, the reaction speeds up with the temperature rises while the enzyme inactivation also speeds up.
EFFECT OF CALCIUM
- Calcium ion plays a protective role for the stability of alpha-amylase activity for TB-3. Its activity may disappear completely without the presence of calcium ion.
- Copper, titanium and cobalt ions are moderate inhibitors for TB-3, whereas aluminum, lead and zinc ions act as strong inhibitors.
APPLICATION AND DOSAGE REFERENCE
- Use of TB-3 enables easy and efficient desizing without any damage to the fabrics and mild operational conditions without any pollution.
|Cotton, Silk, Synthetic fabrics
||0.09 ∼ 0.33
||0.07 ∼ 0.33
- Protection salts should be added (0.025% CaCl2, 0.4% NaCl2) prior to add TB-3.
- The dosage rate in the above-mentioned table is only for reference. The accuratedosage should be determined after a numbers of trials according to actual conditions.
- TB-3 is packed in 25kg or 30kg HDPE plastic drums, or 1125kg IBC totes. Customized packing is also available upon request.
- TB-3 has been formulated for optimal stability.
- Typical shelf-life is six months provided being stored below 25°C in its original packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from the sunlight.
- Its shelf-life will is eighteen months if this product is stored properly at 0∼10°C.
- Prolonged storage and/or adverse conditions such as higher temperatures may lead to higher dosage requirement, thus should be avoided.
SAFETY & ENZYME HANDLING
- Inhalation of enzyme dust and mists should be avoided. In case of contact with skin or eyes, promptly rinse with water for at least 15 minutes.
- For detailed handling information, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.