Heat-stable Alpha-Amylase HT-800
Low pH Tolerate Food-Grade Liquefaction Enzyme For Starch Sugar
Robust Activity ,
Superior Thermo-stability ,
Adapted to Low pH Conditions
Decrease Viscosity of Starches Quickly
Effective Liquefaction of Sarches from
Tapioca/ Cassava, Corn, Wheat, Rice, etc.
Eliminate Undesirable Colored Substances &
- HT-800 is a robust Heat-stable Alpha-Amylase (EC 18.104.22.168, 1,4-α-D-glucan glucanohydrolase) produced from selected strains of Bacillus licheniformis through submerged fermentation and refining extraction processes. As an endoamylase, HT-800 can quickly decrease the viscosity of gelatinous starch solutions by randomly hydrolyzing starch, glycogen and its degradation products within the alpha-D-1,4 glucosidic bonds to produce soluble dextrins and oligosaccharides.
- HT-800 is a robust Heat-stable Alpha-Amylase adapted to low pH conditions for the production of starch sugar.
| Declared Enzyme
| Systematic Name
|| 1,4-α-D-glucan glucanohydrolase
||≥ 80,000 U/ml
| Product pH
| Specific Gravity
|| 1.15 to 1.25 g/ml
EFFECT OF PH & TEMPERATURE ON ACTIVITY:
- HT-800 can work at pH ranging from 5.0∼7.0 with its optimal pH being 5.4∼6.0.
- The exact pH optimum depends on the actual processing conditions, including temperature, substrate concentration and reaction time.
- For interval liquefaction, the optimum temperature of HT-800 is above 90°C. It liquefies starch substrates promptly at 95∼ 97°C and maintains highly active at 100°C.
- For consecutive liquefaction, HT-800 demonstrates exceptional thermal stability at temperature range from 105 to 110°C and keeps on liquefying efficiently for 5 to 7 minutes.
CONCENTRATION OF CALCIUM
- The presence of calcium increases the thermal stability of HT-800.
- This enzyme requires a very low calcium concentration of 20 to 50 ppm (dry solids basis) to ensure its enzyme stability.
- Copper, titanium, and cobalt ions are moderate inhibitors for HT-800.
- Aluminum, lead and zinc ions act as strong inhibitors.
- For industrial application of one-time spray liquefaction, first prepare 30 to 35% w/w starch slurry, adjust pH 5.4 to 6.0, then add this product at a dosage rate of 0.10 to 0.35 kg/TDS.
- Liquefy at 105 to 107°C for 5 to 7 minutes, flash cooling down to around 97°C, keep on liquefying at temperature above 95°C for 90 to 120 minutes so as to reach required DE value.
- In case the starch content is above 35%, recommended dosage rate is from 0.35 to 0.4kg/TDS.
- Exact dosage rate depends on the actual situation such as starch substrate, liquefaction equipment, processing conditions, etc.
- To optimize the dosage, it is recommended to conduct a number of liquefaction trials prior to routine use of this product.
PACKAGING, STORAGE AND SHELF-LIFE:
- 25kg, 30kg plastic drums
- 1125kg IBC totes
- Typical shelf-life is six months if it is stored below 25°C in it soriginal packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from the sunlight.
- Its shelf-life will be eighteen-months if this product is being store properly at 0∼10°C.
- Prolonged storage and/or adverse conditions such as higher temperatures may lead to a higher dosage requirement, thus should be avoided.