Halal & Kosher Certified Textile Bio-bleacing Enzyme
- Bio-bleaching catalase is an oxidoreductase produced from Aspergillus niger through submerged fermentation, extraction and refining process.
- It can decompose hydrogen-peroxide into water and oxygen in a highly efficient way without any side effects ontextiles and dyestuffs.
- Catalase is widelyapplied to eliminate hydrogen peroxide residues originating from the bleaching process of textile fabrics and to improve dyeing quality with reduced processing time and less effluents.
- Catalase is also helpful to prevent skin irritation that might be caused due to the presence of hydrogen peroxide residues in textile fabrics after bleaching and/or sterilizing at hotels, hospitals and laundries.
- As a high concentration catalase, CA-540 can be used directly or after dilution, and enables to save transportation and storage costs.
||EC 188.8.131.52 , Hydrogen-peroxide oxidoreductase
||Black brown liquid
||5.5 to 7.0
||1.10 to 1.20 g/ml
BENEFITS FOR BLEACHING PROCESS:
Reduce Water Consumption
- Application of catalase CA-540 to the elimination of hydrogen peroxide only requires cold bath for once. Inactivation and washing is not needed before dyeing. The elimination of hydrogen peroxide can be conducted in the same bath of dyeing without washing, resulting in considerable savings of rinsing water ( at least saved by 3/4 in average).
Shorten Processing Time
- CA-540’s characteristic of decomposing hydrogen peroxide in a highly efficient way results in big saving of washing time, which is roughly half of the preparation time before dyeing process.
Reduce Electricity Consumption
- Elimination of hydrogen peroxide with CA-540 does not need heating and the process flow is comparatively short, thus allowing less electricity consumption.
Enable Safe Dyeing Operation
- CA-540 does not have any effects on dyeing performance of vat dyes. Hydrogen peroxide is decomposed into water and oxygen, which do not have any effects on dyes either.
Reduce Porduction Cost
- Hydrogen peroxide is decomposed into water and oxygen without hazardous effluents, allowing considerable savings of wastewater treatment costs.
EFFECT OF PH AND TEMPERATURE:
- CA-540 is active at a wide pH range from 6 to 10 at temperature from 30 to 60ºC. The optimal pH is 7.0 at the optimal temperature 40ºC.
EFFECT OF SUBSTRATE CONCENTRATION
- The reaction speed of CA-540 has a positive correlation with the concentration of substrates when the concentration of hydrogen peroxide is less than 1000ppm.
- However, the reaction speed decreases when the concentration of hydrogen peroxide is excessive high.
- Take batch-wise processing for instance:
- Discharge bleaching solutions completely;
- Wash with cold water for once, or add water directly to the required bath of dyeing;
- Adjust pH to 6∼10 ( recommended to use glacial acetic acid ) and control temperature below 55ºC;
- Add CA-540 according to the ration of 0.025∼0.05ml per liter of water (in case of limited processing time is allowed due to consecutive operation, this enzyme can be applied with larger amount without any side effects) ;
- Keep the reaction for 10∼20 minutes, then examine ( with Merck reagent or any other common peroxide reagent) whether the hydrogen peroxide is eliminated completely or not. If not, keep the reaction for another 5∼10 minutes and the decomposition shall complete thoroughly;
- Continue to dyeing with the same bath, or wash the bleached or sterilized fabrics with water and take it out.
Note: The exact dosage and processing method should be adjusted to fit for the actual situation.
- CA-540 is packaged in 25 kg, 30 kg HDPE plastic drums or 1125 kg IBC totes.
- Customizedpackaging is also available upon request.
STORAGE & SHELF-LIFE:
- CA-540 has been formulated for optimal stability.
- Typical shelf-life is six months if this product is stored below 25°C in its original packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from the sunlight.
- The shelf-life is eighteen days if it is stored properly at 0∼10ºC .
- Prolonged storage and/or adverse conditions such as higher temperatures may lead to higher dosage requirement, thus should be avoided.
SAFETY & ENZYME HANDLING:
- Inhalation of enzyme dust and mists should be avoided. In case of contact with skin or eyes, promptly rinse with water for at least 15 minutes.
- For detailed handling information, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.