Neutral Protease NP-1000
NON-GMO Food Grade Neutral Protease in Powder Form for Bakery
||100,000 U/g (minimum)
||Pale brown powder
- Neutral Protease NP-1000 is produced from Non-GMO strains of Bacillus subtilis through submerged fermentation, extraction and refining process.
- NP-1000 catalyzes protein hydrolysis in neutral environment and generates peptide and a small quantity of amino acids.A neutral protease that can weaken the dough strength, gives an ideal plasticity and extensibility of the dough, shortens mixing time, enables distinct layers and uniform structure and crisp of biscuits, improves the flavor and fragrance of baked products.
EFFECT OF PH & TEMPERATURE
- NP-1000 is stable at pH between 6.5 and 7.5. Its optimal pH is from 6.8 to 8.0 at 37°C. Inactivation of NP-1000 can be achieved quickly at pH below 5.0 or above 9.0.
- NP-1000 is stable at temperatures below 37°C at pH from 7.0 to 8.0. Its optimal temperature is about 50°C by using 0.5% casein as substrate at pH around 7.2. NP-1000 is unstable at temperatures above 45°C and be inactivated quickly at temperatures above 60°C.
- Manganese, Calcium and Magnesium ions can activate the enzyme activity, while copper, hydrargyrum and aluminum ions will inhibit its activity.
- NP-1000 is packaged in 25kg cardboard drums or kraft paper bags. Customized packaging is available upon request.
- NP-1000 has been formulated for optimal stability. Typical shelf-life is six months provided being stored below 25°C (77°F) in its original packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from the sunlight. Its shelf-life is eighteen months if it is stored properly at 0～10°C(32～50°F).
- Prolonged storage and/or adverse conditions such as higher temperatures may lead to higher dosage requirement, thus should be avoided.
SAFETY & ENZYME HANDLING
- Inhalation of enzyme dust and mists should be avoided.
- In case of contact with skin or eyes, promptly rinse with water for at least 15 minutes.For detailed handling information, please refer to the Safety Data Sheet.