Acid Protease AP-050 in Liquid Form
Halal and Kosher Certified
- Acid Protease AP-050 is produced from selected strains of Aspergillus niger through submerged fermentation, extraction and refining processes. It can catalyze hydrolysis of plant and animal proteins under acidic conditions.
- AP-050 has found its wide application in food industry, including alcohol, fermentation, brewery, beer and wine production.
||50,000 U/ml (minimum)
||Light to dark brown liquid
Applications and Benefits
- Use of AP-050 in alcohol production from starch materials can speed up the fermentation and uplift yields of alcohol.
- Use of AP-050 in beer production can decrease the diacetyl content, thus shorten the brewing time.
Effect of pH and Temperature
- Effect of pH
- The effective pH range for AP-050 is 2.0∼6.0. Its optimum pH range is 2.5∼3.5. See Figure 1.
- Effect of Temperature
- AP-050 can work at 30°C∼65°C (86∼149oF), with an optimum temperature range 40oC∼50°C (104oF ∼122oF). The exact temperature optimum depends on actual processing time, pH, substrate nature and concentration. See Figure 2.
Effect of Metal Ions
- AP-050 is activated by Mn2+, Ca2+ and Mg2+ ions whilst inhibited by heavy metal ions such as Cu2+, Hg2+ and Al3+.
Storage & Shelf-life
- AP-050 has been specially formulated for optimal stability.
- Typical shelf-life is six months if this product is stored at 0∼ 10°C in its original packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from the sunlight. Prolonged storage and/or adverse conditions such as higher temperatures may lead to a higher dosage requirement, thus should be avoided.
Safe Handling of Enzymes
- Inhalation of enzyme dust and mists should be avoided.
- Proteins present in AP-050 may cause allergic reaction in sensitized individuals which could necessitate immediate medical attention.
- In case of contact with skin or eyes, promptly rinse with water for at least 15 minutes. For detailed handling information, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.