Heat-stable Alpha-Amylase HS-320
Food Grade NON-GMO High Temperature Liquefaction Amylase
Reduce viscosity quickly,
Eliminate non-fermentable sugars,
Decrease formation of chromophore,
Robust Alpha-Amylase activity capable to liquefy
Starch materials of tapioca/cassava, corn, wheat,rice, etc.
- HS-320 is Heat stable Alpha-Amylase produced from NON-GMO strains of Bacillus licheniformis through submerged fermentation and refining extraction process.
- HS-320 is an endoamylase, which rapidly decreases the viscosity of a gelatinous starch solution by randomly hydrolyzing starch, glycogen and its degradation products within the α-D-1, 4 glucosidic bonds to produce soluble dextrins and oligosaccharides.
EC Number: EC 220.127.116.11
Systemic Name:1,4-α-D-glucan glucanohydrolase
Alpha-Amylase Activity: ≥40,000 U/ml
Appearance: Sepia brown liquid
Specific gravity: ≤ 1.25 g/ml
Product pH: 5.0 ~ 7.0
- For industrial application of one-time spray liquefaction, first prepare 30∼35% w/w starch slurry, adjust pH 6.0 ∼ 6.2, add calcium ion 50∼70 mg/L, then add HS-320 at a dosage rate of 0.4 ∼0.6 kg/TDS. Liquefy at 105∼110°C for 5 to 7 minutes, flash cooling down to around 97°C, keep on liquefying at a temperature above 95°C for 90∼ 120 minutes so as to reach required DE value. If calcium ion concentration in tap water is already sufficient, it is no need to add calcium.
- The actual dosage rate of HS-320 depends on the actual situation including application fields, starches, substrate concentration, temperatures, pH and other processing conditions. To optimize the dosage, it is recommended to conduct a number of liquefaction trials prior to the routine use of HS-320.
EFFECT OF TEMPERATURE:
- Optimum temperature of HS-320 for interval liquefaction is above 90°C.
- HS-320 liquefies starch substrates efficiently at 95 to 97°C and is still highly active at 100°C.
- This product demonstrates exceptional thermal stability at temperatures from 105 to 110°C, maintains its stability for 5 to 7 minutes and keeps on liquefying efficiently.
- At a temperature above 105°C, the enzyme stability decreases rapidly.
- The exact temperature optimum depends on actual processing conditions including pH, substrate concentration and processing time.
EFFECT OF PH:
- HS-320 is active over a wide pH range, depending on the application.
- For maximum activity, the optimal pH is 6.0 to 6.4.
- The stable pH range is 5.0 to 10.0 at 25°C.
- The exact pH optimum depends on actual process conditions, including temperature, substrate concentration and processing time, etc.
- Copper, titanium, and cobalt ions are moderate inhibitors for HS-320
- Aluminum, lead and zinc ions act as strong inhibitors
PACKAGING, SHELF-LIFE & STORAGE:
- 25kg, 30kg plastic drums or 1125kg IBC totes
- Typical shelf-life is six months if it is stored below 25°C in itsoriginal packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from the sunlight.
- Its shelf-life will be eighteen-months if this product is being store properly at 0∼10°C.
- Prolonged storage and/or adverse conditions such as higher temperaturesmay lead to a higher dosage requirement, thus should be avoided.