Powder Baking Enzymes Fungal Alpha Amylase 8% Moisture Food Grade For Bakery
|Place of Origin:||Jiangsu, China|
|Certification:||Halal, Kosher ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO22000|
|Model Number:||Fungal Alpha-Amylase FAA-5000|
Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Minimum Order Quantity:||400kg|
|Packaging Details:||25kg kraft paper bags or cardboard drums|
|Delivery Time:||15-20 Days|
|Payment Terms:||T/T, L/C , D/P|
|Supply Ability:||1000MT to 1500MT Per Year|
|Grade:||Food Grade||Physical Form:||Powder|
|Non-GMO:||Non-GMO||Activity:||50,000 U/g (minimum)|
|Free Sample:||100g Free Sample Available||Country Of Origin:||China|
bacterial alpha amylase,
Fungal Alpha-Amylase FAA-5000
Halal & Kosher Certified
Enable better handling properties,
Ensure fine crumb structure, desirable elasticity,
softness and extended shelf-life
- Fungal Alpha-Amylase FAA-5000 is a high activity fungal alpha-amylase derived from non-genetic modified strains of Aspergillus oryzae through submerged fermentation and refining extraction techniques.
- FAA- 5000 has been specifically designed for the baking industry as a bread improver and alpha-amylase supplement for flour. As an endoamylase, FAA-5000 can rapidly hydrolyze the interior α-1, 4 glucosidic linkages of gelatinized starch, amylose and amylopectin solutions to produce soluble dextrins and small quantities of maltose and glucose. Long-time reaction will result in a small amount of syrup which contains high maltose and glucose.
|Systematic Name||EC 18.104.22.168, 1,4-alpha-D-Glucan glucanohydrolase|
|Activity||50,000 U/g (minimum)|
|Appearance||Light yellow powder|
|Production method||Submerged fermentation and refining extraction process|
EFFECT OF PH
- FAA-5000 can effectively hydrolyze starches at a pH range from 4.0 to 6.5, with the optimum pH range being 4.8 to 5.4. If greater enzyme stability is preferred, the reaction should be conducted at a pH above 5.5; if a faster reaction rate is desired, the pH should be kept below 5.5. Its pH optimum will depend on several process variables such as time, temperature, substrate concentration, and dough moisture levels. Figure 1 shows the effect of pH on FAA-5000 activity.
EFFECT OF TEMPERATURE
- FAA-5000 can effectively hydrolyze starch at temperatures from 45°C to 55°C, with its optimum temperature at 50°C. Its optimum temperature depends on the actual processing conditions such as time, pH, substrate concentration, moisture, etc. Figure 2 shows the effect of temperature on FAA-5000 activity.
- The temperature versus activity profile of FAA-5000 matches well with the demand for sugars needed by the yeast during the dough fermentation. As the dough begins to ferment, the activity of the FAA-5000 and the yeast will be enhanced as the temperature rises (i.e. the Fungal Alpha-Amylase constantly hydrolyzes the soluble starchescontained in the dough and produces monosaccharides to support yeast proliferation, thus increasing the fermentation speed and improving the dough quality). When fermentation of the dough is completed and the semi-products begin to be steamed or baked, the yeast will become inactivated at 60°C and FAA-5000 will lose its activity as well (thus avoiding excessive saccharification of the dough which might otherwise lead to undesirable stickiness of finished products).
- Inactivation of FAA-5000 can be achieved by maintaining the temperature at 90 to100°C for 5 to 10 minutes. If the starch content is high, FAA-5000 can be inactivated by maintaining the temperature at 80°C for about 30 minutes, or at 70°C for about 60 minutes.
PACKAGING, STORAGE & SHELF-LIFE
- FAA-5000 is packaged in 25kg cardboard drums or kraft paper bags. Customized packaging is available upon request.
- FAA-5000 has been formulated for optimal stability.
- Typical shelf-life is six months provided being stored below 25°C (77°F) in its original packaging, sealed and unopened, protected from the sunlight.
- Its shelf-life is eighteen months if it is stored properly at 0～10°C(32～50°F).
- Prolonged storage and/or adverse conditions such as higher temperatures may lead to higher dosage requirement, thus should be avoided.
SAFETY & ENZYME HANDLING
- Inhalation of enzyme dust and mists should be avoided. In case of contact with skin or eyes, promptly rinse with water for at least 15 minutes.
- For detailed handling information, please refer to the Safety Data Sheet.
- FAA-5000 is used to extend the shelf life of bread and baked goods. Adding FAA-5000 to dough can result in magnified product volume as well as improved texture and appearance.
- The recommended dosage is 0.02～0.05% of flour by weight. The exact dosage will vary among bakeries depending on the kind of flour, the specific formulation, the type of equipment and processes. In practice, it is recommended to conduct baking trials to determine the optimal dosage.
- It is important that proper dispersion and mixing of FAA-5000 is achieved to obtain optimal efficiency of the enzyme performance in the process. Due to the small dosage required, it is recommended to premix FAA-5000 in a dry state first with a small amount of flour, and then add it to the batch over a long enough period of time so as to ensure even mixing with the flour. It is also acceptable to add the enzyme directly to the dough.